Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 325L muffler

woolls ยท 2015-05-09 02:59

I recently purchased a cat 325L, the muffler was RS, I purchased a new one but I don't know what the threaded hole is for on the bottom of the muffler. There is an open pipe in the engine bay that looks to be in the same position, do they hook up in some way? what is it for? thanks Leigh

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2015-05-09 05:09

    Did you buy a genuine cat muffler or a will fit one..? if it was genuine what was the Part Number..? There are about 10 different versions of 325L, what's the Serial Number prefix of the machine..?

  2. #2woolls2015-05-09 05:13

    Its an after market one from a cat dealer, but looks the same as the one I took off. Serial is 9KL0012 Thanks

  3. #3Nige2015-05-09 05:20

    I think this is it. Check out the photo below. 6 & 7 in the photo are referred to as the "drain line". It appears to go to the bottom of the muffler via a steel tube which may be missing on your machine.

  4. #4woolls2015-05-09 05:31

    Thanks for that Nige, much appreciated.

  5. #5lantraxco2015-05-09 13:32

    Apparently so water doesn't collect and either rot out the muffler or back up into the exhaust manifold?