Hydraulic pump sounds like it's cavitating when comes up on pressure. And only does it when your using both pumps. I drained the tank checked suction screen and hose. Has anyone had this problem?? Or any help would be great!! Thanks
Only suggestion I would have is to make sure you're hydraulic tank is not overfull, per the operator's manual, there should be a specific way the boom arm and bucket are positioned for checking oil level, and also clean the breather filter on top of the tank to be sure air can pass freely through it. Have you checked the pump drive coupler?
Thank you for the suggestions. Oil level is good. Haven't checked breather or coupler. Just curious what would the coupler have to do with it cavitating?
Nothing, but you said "sounds like it's cavitating" which to me could be any number of odd sounds, could be the coupler vibrating if the cushions are worn out, bad gear between the two pumps, rough bearing, or something in the valving, hoses, lines, etc. Also could be the two pumps interacting, I'm not familiary with this particular machine, but if it's a combined flow setup the two pump regulator valves could be sort of oscillating. The tank breather is a reach, but in those cases where you're pulling oil out of the tank fast if there's not enough air at the top of the tank and/or the breather can't allow air in fast enough to keep up, it could cause cavitation. This would only happen if for example you were booming up and stick in at the same time, all piston side large bore cylinder movement. Does it make this noise when tracking full speed?
Yes it does. But if you stall out one track at a time it's fine just when both pumps combine. And also say your stalling out your boom. if you bring your joystick slowly it doesn't do it as bad as if you bring it back fast. And the reason I say it's cavitating I've been around a track hoe when it ran out of oil. And yes I agree with the breather I will check it out Monday morning when I get back. Now I'm not familer with this machine either. And I find it odd that it doesn't have a case drain hose running from the pump to the tank.