Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 328 Attachment Pressures

Hunter013 · 2023-03-15 15:05

Cat 328D S/N: RMX01072 I am trying to set up a plate compactor attachment on my 328. When I hook everything up, the compactor does not seem like it's getting the full amount of hydraulic power. I don't fully understand where to check the correct pressures or where to possibly adjust them.

Replies7
  1. #1heymccall2023-03-15 16:23

    Everything, and I mean every setting, is done via the monitor, if it has factory auxiliary hydraulics. Does yours have multiple work tool choices in the menu? Can you list the first 5 tool choices, with the first obviously being "bucket"? Usually, there are 1 or 2 compactors already preloaded in there, and the Cat compactors already have similar setting(s) as they almost all use the same motors. I run NPK C8 and Allied 2300 & 9800 compactors on my 3 328 RMX machines.

  2. #2Hunter0132023-03-15 16:46

    These are what’s in my machine. I tried all of them. The one that worked best was the MP15, but still wasn’t sufficient.

  3. #3heymccall2023-03-15 18:01

    The CVP110 tool setting, from factory, is approx 2300psi @ 40gpm. That matches my NPK and Allied requirements. New or used compactor? What brand and model? Direct plumb or through couplings? Do you know the pressure and flow requirements for your compactor? Did you have this 328 since new? If not, perhaps someone changed the factory setting? Since a RMX was built around 2013, and I've had to change a solenoid or two, and maybe a house to boom harness, could you have a fault in the auxiliaries? Do you know how to check for for fault codes and events? The H120 setting is approx 2000psi at 40gpm, when factory loaded. The MP15 factory setting is approx 5000psi at 27gpm.

  4. #4Hunter0132023-03-16 12:50

    The compactor was bought used, with no markings anywhere. Direct plumb. No clue on pressure/ flow requirements. And I'm fairly confident we bought the 328 used. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of an auxiliary fault. I know there were no active codes, but ill have to plug into it later and check the logged codes.

  5. #5heymccall2023-03-16 13:20

    Plug in? You has a cat ET? If so, look at tool program for CVP110 and convey the settings over to us here.

  6. #6Hunter0132023-03-17 09:25

    I do have ET. I'll try to get the settings for you today.

  7. #7heymccall2023-03-17 09:51

    And, to be clear, you DON'T need ET to get codes, events, see tool program parameters, change tool names, or change tool parameters.