Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 328B hydraulic leak

WildBill99 ยท 2020-10-03 10:20

Cat 235B Excavator Hi guys, it's been a while since I have been on the forum. I have had health issues to deal with over the last couple of years and haven't moved a track in over a year. I was ready to continue with my landscaping but found a hydraulic fluid leak. The ground was stained, so I tried pressure washing underneath to try and find the leak. Lots of possibilities but can't see an actual leak. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions. I am not a mechanic and am retired so my budget is limited. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill

Replies4
  1. #1uffex2020-10-03 11:17

    Good day Cat A tip I have used to find leaks pack dry cardboard around supect area hope it works for you. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Dave Neubert2020-10-03 18:14

    Clean the area operate functions wile someone is watching it will show up

  3. #3WildBill992020-10-03 23:59

    Thank you Dave I cleaned it up best I could with a pressure washer. I will have to put my girlfriend to work as a fluid spy while I work the hydraulics

  4. #4WildBill992020-10-04 00:00

    Good idea Uffex, I will it a try. Thank you