CAT 329E Excavator Serial #- CAT0329ETPLW00668 Looking for a diagram of the location of the track pressure relief valve. Any assistance would be appreciated.
You mean for the track tensioner.?
No, I was talking about the hydraulic relief valve that controls the track. I need to replace the valve part # 197-0196 and spring # 197-0199. I was told there was a service bulletin on it. And it seems that replicates that issue.
Those part numbers are callouts 4 & 5 in the drawing. It's just a check valve though. Not sure if it's going to affect your travel and I don't see any service letters or mags relating to it. What problem are you trying to repair?
This is your pilot manifold in the schematic. I'm assuming the valve is the one I've circled in red. Its job appears to be to keep the accumulator pressure available for the emergency lowering system.
Back in January we started having a tracking issue, where the machine would not go straight. Replaced the track pressure switch part # 319-4407 and the problem was fixed for about 4 weeks. Then it started intermittently acting it and I talked to the service manger at my local CAT dealer. He stated there was a bulletin on the particular check valve. So I purchased the part, but have not been able to find its location. Any thoughts on the matter?
Which functions do you perceive as being faster/slower. Fwd L, Fwd R, Rev L, Rev R, a combination or random? Does the problem change if you work another service, eg boom, swing etc. whilst travelling? Do you have pressure gauges in your possession?
The switch that you changed is circled. #9
I have not been to the machine since it started acting up again;But the driver states it is doing the same thing as earlier. I will test run it tomorrow and post an update.
I went to the machine, all the functions worked as intended. So I contacted the operator and he stated on initial start up the machine runs fine. After operating it for awhile the machine loses its hydraulic speed and strength. While traveling it always acted like it was making a turn. The monitor will not allow me to enter the code to get to the diagnostic tools. Any thoughts on the matter.
I think you need to revisit the machine when it's hot to properly assess what's going on. Right now the complaint is too vague to start troubleshooting. Why can't you enter the code? faulty buttons or something? Anyway, I think your problem is more likely to be hydraulic than electric.
When this machine was out of state they had cat come out to set up a new rock hammer. I have been unable to use the 9992 since don't know if it's related.
Most likely yes IMO. Some “smart” dealer tech has probably changed the Code just to fcuk everyone else up.
It's a long shot, but check what the user password is. Default should be 1. If the user password has been changed to 9992 then the service menu can't be accessed. Change the user password to anything except 9992.
Cmark, you nailed it. Changed the code it let me in. 3633-5 3545-3 1658-3
They are long term ongoing faults. Notice they have all maxed out the occurrence counter at 255. Also note that they first occurred at different times so are probably not related to each other. They should be fixed but I don't think they are related to your travel problem.
I PM'd you the Troubleshooitng Procedures for the three Codes. If you need the Electrical Schematic let me know.
Thanks I need all the help I can get.
PM'd you the Electrical Schematic just in case.
All the occurrences happened the same number of times and they all appeared the last time at the same number of hours? You might check on the hours when the modifications were made on the machine. My guess would be something is hooked into the supply side of what ever powers those functions or there is a short to ground on a wiring harness that has those three wires.
May be worth checking main pump and system relief pressures hot against cold. Weak relief(s) could contribute to slow or weak functions throughout the whole machine.
The track pressures are regulated by four relief valves, one for each direction, on each side. So, a track pressure relief valve would typically only affect travel in one direction, on one side. Definitely need a much better description than what was provided.
Thanks, we have been rained out for a few day. I will post up more details as weather permits.
Working with the monitor on the machine pump 1 and pump 2 are showing the same kind of pressures. When working the tracks the pressures are staying similar and it shows the pressure switching to the on off position. When traveling straight the pressure switch stay in off position is this normal?
Not sure what pressure switches you're referring to but I reiterate my earlier questions.
The functions all seems fine at present. But will get it up to temperature and under load tomorrow. It's the last option on the monitor said straight travel pressure sw
This machine has not been in inventory very long; It was bought from an auction. Trying to run down another issue and was wondering if I could get a wiring diagram for the fuel water separator circuit. The light is on, the filters were changed. Started tracing wires and someone had cut the wires in the loom and tied them together. I am assuming it was an attempt to make the light go out. Do to the weather I have not had the opportunity to run down the other issues that we had discussed. Will update on the progress.
Didn't I send you the Electrical Schematic(s) some time back when you first posted..? IIRC there were apparently two documents that covered your S/N and I sent you both of them. See post #20 on Page 1. The fuel filter/wter separator circuit will be in them.
If it helps, I've noticed Cat refers to that sensor as WIF Sensor on a lot of their schematics.
Go to Page 17 Grid D-17 of UENR3884. Listed as "Water Separator Level Switch". Latest Part Number is 423-6434 (updated from 363-5084 shown on the schematic)
I am an issue with turning speed on cat 329e l. I need to look at the wiring diagram and wiring schematic. Can someone please send me these two items. Thanks.