Cat 329 EL 8867hrs Serial# PLW01233 Only code is 41-6 (8v dc supply current above normal) Issue we are having is it will intermittently go into “warm up mode” and derate power Some times it won’t happen for a few days and just be for an hour and others it will be constant for days Machine also does 2 separate things (never at the same time) when randomly in warm up mode 1. Give full power to everything but final drives and dipper 2.engine will not go above idle speed Boss man had a tech look at it on the previous job and he said the water in fuel sensor was not fully connected and that was the issue It’s now been passed on to me as our “mechanic” I’ve found the main harness that runs to the pump, valve body, swing motor, fuel tank, and hydraulic tank is in terrible condition. A large portion of the wiring not in loom has no insulation left. So I said it needs a harness but he thinks that is an unrelated issue as it says “warm up mode” on the screen. I am fairly certain the 8v dc supply code is related to the harness needing replaced Just wondering if anyone has dealt with a similar condition Thanks in advance
Can you confirm that the 41-6 Code is permanently Active please.
The 41-6 is active every time I’ve checked since I’ve started digging into it According the the monitor in the machine (attached image) it’s been intermittently active for 100hrs and occurred 175 times throughout those 100hrs
Here's the troubleshooting for it. If you want an electrical schematic please ask. FYI the 7X1710 Probes are often referred to as "spoons". They are available everywhere.
I will run through the trouble shooting tomorrow. I’m certain it needs harness because of the amount of bare wiring. I have a set of “spoons” and they get used more than I want to If I need a schematic I will reach out Thank you
Ran through the troubleshooting procedure and harness is bad Problem spot was coming off of the pump 2 pressure sensor grounding the 8v supply on the valve body Entire harness will need replaced as it is in terrible condition with various spots in it having little to no insulation on the wiring Made a repair on the trouble spot and machine runs and operates without issue