Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Liebherr Cross Reference

Mikess · 2025-03-21 02:33

Hi, I am currently working on a Liebherr machine and need to find cross-reference numbers for some components. Specifically, I'm looking for information on where to find cross-reference numbers for Liebherr parts with brands like SKF or Dana. If anyone has experience with this or knows of reliable resources or databases that provide such cross-reference information, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Replies1
  1. #1crane operator2025-03-21 20:49

    liebherr loves odd dimensions and hence a "captured part". At least in my experience with their cranes. They have the suppliers build all custom for them, and then restrict them to only selling through liebherr. As a "for example", the steering cylinders are a problem on one of my cranes, the local hydraulic shop can source all the seals except one. One of them is a super odd size- "unavailable" from anywhere except liebherr. I've had the same issues with some sensors, alternator, starters. Liebherr has never let me down on getting a part, but they are not cheap to purchase parts from. And it isn't as easy as just running down to napa.