I don't know how many cubic yards this bucket holds, but this 330CL I am running all week can easily handle another 18" of extra width!
Heck O'bucket :usa You would be very surprised how under rated the specs are for excavators now a days. Although i guess it depends on the type of work you are doing. I couldn't imagine a wider bucket, although i've seen some pretty deep ones that more that double the specs on the machine . As long a you have operators who know a machine and how to handle it, you can put as big as bucket as you want. Nice pictures though, i am a big fan of the c and d series.My guess on the bucket yardage would be 3 or 4 i am no expert though. Matt:usa
The old 330BL I ran for a year had a mass excavation 6 foot bucket, and even it struggled to pull it through 3 feet of top soil, the 7 foot bucket on this CL just cruises, and the fuel economy is way better!
7 feet of fun! I am loving this bucket!! I did the tip test over the sides of the track, level struck bucket, and it will hold it all full reach, jump the boom and it will tip, but it will pop back down, fully loaded bucket, and it tips at 70% of it's max reach, and there's no warning when it does! Over the ends it's just fine.
What does that 330cl get for fuel economy?
14 hours on a tank, I did 6 1/2 hours today, full bore, balls to the wall and it was already just one bar over half, my brother definitely knows he will never buy another machine this size from Cat, Deeretachi is way faster in cycle times and much easier on fuel.
Nice job!! Lookin fairly level, what are you using for grade control?
Nothing, just eyeball it, the best set of eyes ever inherited from a parent!
Nice. I've always been a big Cat fan. I have really liked the CL and DL series (I prefer CL) I just ordered a 300D L model, since I can't get into the real machine at the moment.
I did make a short vid clip, but I'm still searching for it right now.
For balance about the max then. Own machine, exp op, need BIGGER bucket What were you actually doing ? Site strip to stock pile? truck loading ? I only ask as I wonder why it was flat out "I did 6 1/2 hours today, full bore, balls to the wall" OR, were you doing a fuel comparison test. :beatsme Dont get me wrong I am not being critical, just intrested. :thumbsup
What is it with you and wide buckets Ron?? First the ditch bucket and now this What is up next:dizzy
Basically, it was a sand pit on the lower edge of a natural ridge in a feild, we stripped off the top soil on the high and low sides and removed a strip of sand that was 700 feet long x 100 wide x 5 feet deep, but now the hole needs to be filled back in, so we strip off even more soil off the high side of the ridge and start pulling the sub soil back in towards the hole at a nice even consistent grade. Every bucket I take, gets dumped behind me and the pile moves along (very slowly) towards the hole, ever growing in size and the cut gets deeper until it gets wasted in the hole. If we had a D6K (like big brother wanted last year) we would strip and slot push it all, but this machine moves more in the same amount of time, and it's more fun! The odd time I would run the engine at throttle 8 (1-10, 10 being WOT) and the turbo noise would be even louder and it would put a smile on my face that only a hot girl could do, but the cycle times were slower, so back to balls out. And the owner of this machine has a 345CL that has a 10 foot stripping bucket, I'm on my hands and knees begging for that one on the next stripping job! :notworthy
Oooh, finally found the craptastic clip: http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/rdj07/?action=view¤t=PIC00001.flv I was 15 feet high on a pile that was just as wide as the machine and longer than it's reach, I started pulling it from the left side of the site at 8:30 am, and when I shot this, it was 12:45 pm, I pulled it almost 500 feet. And that's the Bloodhound Gang in the back ground with "The Bad Touch"
hahaha i heard that song come on in my truck the other day and it took me back about 5 or 6 years...i didn't think you listened to that up in Canada...or maybe its a new release up there
I love those nuts, especially that "Foxtrot" song, that vid makes me laugh!