Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 3306 Manuals?

HardRockNM ยท 2021-05-04 19:04

I just picked up a Kato 150 kW genset powered by this CAT 3306. Where can I find manuals and information on this engine?

Replies6
  1. #1Bluox2021-05-04 19:35

    I would try Caterpillar. Bob

  2. #2kshansen2021-05-05 07:55

    http://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=66D43289 One thing that is a bit confusing is that link come up with manuals for 3306 and D333C. This is one of the strange things about Cat , seems they were not always sure what to call engines of that vintage. Also if one is not real familiar with the D333C and 3306 they can be confused for the other one. Been too long since I saw either of them but I believe the biggest difference that is visible is how the water pump is mounted,

  3. #3HardRockNM2021-05-29 01:29

    This unit did not have a fuel filter installed when I purchased it and I've had a bit of a tough time finding the correct unit. My local CAT dealership could only find a cartridge filter element rather than a spin-on filter. A 1R0750 spin-on is supposed to fit a 3306, but there are enough 3306 variations out there that I'm not positive it will fit this specific engine. Could anyone shed some light on the correct filter here?

  4. #4kshansen2021-05-29 07:54

    I believe that filter head would have originally had a 1P2299 spin on filter and that number has been replaced by the 1R0750.

  5. #5HardRockNM2021-05-29 08:52

    Thanks! I just ordered a 1R0750, hopefully it will fit and I can start getting this genset ready to run.

  6. #6HardRockNM2021-06-12 19:26

    Update: The 1R0750 is the correct filter and matched right up. The fuel system had sat empty for some time so I filled and flushed it. Our master mechanic will be by tomorrow and we're hoping to run this genset briefly after completing some hydraulic work on underground machinery.