Well guys I had a new project at work. Got called in today to go dig some test holes for the superintendant of our division. They found me a nice 330C of ours to run for the day with only 8000hrs. Last season she was 8 shades of loose, the door wouldn't open from the inside, or lock open and leaked oil like crazy. This year it only leaks oil and the door won't lock open. And they even washed it for me, right before it got road grime all over it on the way to the job. First off..... a beautiful company decal... might as well advertise!
A couple unloading the monster, and digging these sexy little test holes. 1 was 4m deep, another went 6, the last they told me bottom out the cylinders
is that trailer scale out with that 330?
And here is the competitions Hitachi 550, I had to park beside it and get a size comparison. It's a decent lookin machine. And also I decided to throw in the 385C that was parked on site with me, and the new (2007) 973C that I am trying to get my grubby hands on. My nose is gonna be stuck up the boss' counterweight until I get it. That beast has a clarion cd player, sat radio, and Pioneer premiere speakers.......... Nahh the trailer is good with just a 330 on er. Thats normally the 973 trailer and their a couple ton heavier than the 330. One day we had a 973 and Dynapac CA362 on that trailer.
Great photos burnout, Your beat 330 looks a lot better than the one I had to run a few weeks back. A 330b model with 12,000 hours (only like 1100 overdue for servicing), bad track adjusters, loose as a goose and smoked like a chimney. Thanks for sharing, always enjoy those 385 photos, even if you're not a fan:notworthy
Jim, what's the guy in the background doing? Reach for the sky I guess?
Did that 330 bucket used to have teeth on it? I one picture it looks like they were cut off so it would be a smooth bucket.
My brother is renting a 330C, he likes it better than the old B, but the stick is still slow as a dog, his other guys still like the Deeretachi's better for the faster speeds.
Ohhh you want a LOOSE 330, we have plenty of those. The 330B L I had last year had just over 23000hrs on it. The newest B we have is around 19000hrs on it now. Most of the C's are even over 10k now. The cutting edge hasn't been cut down.... its worn down that far. Our 270 has the same cutting edge and those fingers stick out a good 6". I actually prefer our one 330BL unit 119. It's a 1997 model with 23 500hrs on it, but the pumps have been redone recently, it has more speed than the C model I had today. Last year I had 3 different 330's a B/C and brand new D with only 25hrs on it. I didn't like the D at all, except for the cab and sexy paint. I also had a 270C LC Deere which was my favourite of our 30ton hoes. I have been told I could find something to complain about no matter what hoe im in, unless its a 210LX Link Belt.
Excavtor signal ? Hello ROR76a, The excavator with the bucket " reaching for the sky", is the way Hoe Operators signal the boss, for attention. Means I want to talk to you. That method of signaling is used when they don't have a radio for contact. Other equipment operators flash the lights, bump the throttle,sound a horn ,etc, to attract the boss's attention.
You beat me to it Northart.I been trying to lay abed and not get up so early so I am running behind here.It amuses me that when you suggest that to the new generation they think it was a great idea,why didn't I think of that kinda thing.If they only knew we have been doing it for years.Ron G
Normally when our hoes reach for the sky like that its to signla the loader operator to get his counterweight over here with some sand. As for the boss.... we never wanna talk to him.
this 330c is so sexy!Thanks for posting the pics Burnout.I very love it!Is sureway have a couple of d-series cat hoe? P.S.:i sent you a pm.
Hey Burnout - still have snow on the ground? Me and the wife are going to the pool tomorrow for a little R&R, it's in the 80's here. Question - that float can't possibly be legal with only 2 axles to carry that 330 on public roads.:beatsme You guys just moving it within the project? BTW - That 973 is sweet! What's up with the shovel stuck in the step?
That 330 panel with the missing decal on it would look good with your avatar on it, burnout.
The 330 is missin a decal because some guy swung her into the sandbox last year and smashed the door, air filter and one of the demo guards hit the rad. I don't know whats up with the panel, we have a 375L thats the same way. New panel nice cat yellow paint, but no black or model number to match the rest of the machine. Ha Corey... we had weather in the 70's here a week ago, and now nearly a foot of snow. The shovel in the step of the 973 is a track shovel. Some people out there still clean their tracks everynight, so I always jam a shovel in there so its easy to get at. And what you don't see in that float picture is the jeep in front of the trailer. All of our floats run a Jeep in front of the trailer, and that trailer has 4 sets of duals on each axle. As for D series hoes, we have 2 as far as I know, a 320D and 330D. They don't buy many new smaller hoes very often, although they did buy a brand new PC400 and a Case CX240 last summer. Most of the support hoes are old.
Just a little ribbin' man. Hope everything is going well. You mean you need to clean the tracks? 10-4
Sorry for my late response, I musta missed your question. The answer to the 321 "reaching for the stars" is this. THe dirt on the job was so sticky that it would pack the beds of our ADT's up almost half way, sometimes in a matter of hours. So they had a dedicated hoe on the job (most of the time) to clean them out. He was just waiting for the next truck to show up:bash Our track loader guys usually stuff them in between the ct/w and the radiator grill, though we only have 963's, could be harder to reach on a 973. Most of our guys (myself included) still clean our tracks too:notworthy:drinkup:drinkup
Most of our guys steal em from the excavators on site, but I like having mine with me. They come in handy when you wanna check compaction with a fun loving stab of the ground, or if you wanna uncover a water shutoff you buried.
I use my shovel for quick games of mud ball and hitting stones into the next property, base ball style.