Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I need a new bucket

Nac ยท 2008-04-24 18:55

I need to get a new bucket. I broke the bucket lip in 2 places on my existing bucket to have it fixed right (replace whole bucket lip and 5 new adaptors) I am looking at over $3,000. In parts and labor. We will fix it just by splicing in a section welding a crack and 1 new adaptor for about $1,000. But I want to get a severe duty bucket since I do a lot of work with rock. I am looking at a Geith and Lemac. If anybody can make a suggestion I would appreciate it. Geith: http://www.geith.com/Uploads/Documents/Excavator Bucket brochure 3-4.doc Lemac: http://www.lemaconline.com/catalogs/bucketslo.pdf

Replies7
  1. #1Willis Bushogin2008-04-24 19:35

    bucket Unless you wanted a new bucket, I would call the salvage yards and see what they have. you can call JL Gomer 804-730-0797 I have bought several Geith bucket from them, they come off trade in equipment. Some of them look new at half the price. Call Adam 1-800-727-8787 he runs a salvage yard for heavy equipment, some of this buckets are like new. Most dealers, have used buckets, just call them and make them look, most of them want to sell the new stuff. I personally like Geith over any other, mostly because, almost 75% of the equipment I have bought came with a Geith bucket. They have held up good and took the abuse. There are other good buckets, but I would buy a good brand, but at the best price, whatever the good brand is. Good Luck

  2. #2Nac2008-04-24 19:43

    I am looking for a severe duty bucket new or used. But everybody I call does not have a severe duty in stock it has to be made. I have a Geith heavy duty bucket now it is broken in couple spots so I do not want to get another one just to brake it in the future. I am leaning toward the Lemac it looks like it is built better heavier. I am waiting on drawings and spec from both.

  3. #3shaper2008-04-24 19:49

    Nac I bought a bucket from these guys a couple years ago, reasonable prices www.northamericanattachemnts.net

  4. #4Nac2008-04-27 14:06

    Bump

  5. #5shaper2008-04-27 20:19

    Sorry spelled the link wrong www.northamericanattachments.net

  6. #6Goat2008-04-27 22:44

    Try Miller ( www.millerdirect.com ) or ESCO. The ESCO is made in Covington, KY and is a solid bucket. Try Illinois Truck and Equipment in Morris, IL for a possible used bucket.

  7. #7Turbo218352008-04-28 00:48

    Esco is the way to go. Worked for a company in Ohio that ran all esco buckets. They held up very well in rock applications. Some were set up with pin on rippers. They worked very well in limestone. No matter what, at some point your going to need a hammer.