Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 330CL: How to tell what aux hydraulics are installed?

LCA078 ยท 2019-10-13 16:17

I'm looking at a 330LC with q/c coupler but I really need the pre-plumbed ability add a hydraulic thumb before I purchase it. When I look at the machine, how can I tell what hydraulic options are available? From this post HeavyEquipmentForums , it looks like pics of the control panel and hydraulic circuits behind the boom, main control valve, and swing motor area would help the experts here give some feedback.. I can ask the seller to send to me but need specific details if needed. Serial number of machine is *CAT0330CLDKY00673*. Can I post pics here and get some feedback?

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2019-10-13 20:29

    Definitely left factory with auxiliary plumbing. Not sure which style, though. My DKY machines only had one way plumbing. I know different systems were available.

  2. #2DEMLONE702019-10-14 13:06

    193-6372 CIRCUIT, HAMMER

  3. #3LCA0782019-10-14 15:44

    Okay- thanks. The factory buildsheet showing a hammer circuit helps narrow it down a bit. The current owner said the machine had two way aux hydraulics installed since he used them all the time to change out the buckets. I said he was referring to the quick change coupler but the owner said it was the same circuit. I'm working to get a Cat tech out to inspect the machine but wanted to know upfront what I was dealing with.

  4. #4LCA0782019-10-14 23:05

    Got a few pics of the machine and am trying to find out how the aux circuit works. The pic of the cab controls wasn't much help but I labeled the two control valves '1' and '2' that are on each side of the boom. On the pic of the pump area, I labeled some kind of crossover line '3' that goes from '1' to '2' while it looks like there is supply line '4' that feeds '1'. I didn't label the return line but it I'm guessing it's on the backside of '2' and it just goes back to tank/cooler. Am I right in understanding this is just a one way flow circuit and the flow goes from the valve '1' to the tool then back through '2'?