Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Thumb speed slow Takeuchi TB180FR

Matty180 · 2019-10-13 18:22

I have a 2011 Takeuchi TB180FR with the factory Tag thumb and cylinder. It seems kind of slow to close. Retracts fine. At 1/2 throttle it take 15 seconds to close. And 5 seconds to open. I was wondering if anyone has this machine and if it’s normal. I had the cylinder rebuilt hoping that was the problem but didn’t solve it. Thanks matt

Replies7
  1. #1uffex2019-10-14 12:12

    Good day Matty If you know the cylinder size - rod size oil flow it is not so difficult to work out. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2uffex2019-10-14 12:26

    Follow the link makes it easy http://www.calculatoredge.com/

  3. #3Inline63592019-10-15 06:30

    Probably a long shot that it is the same easy fix as my Terex. But do you have the selector blocks in the side of the boom that allow you have another set of hookups for the auxiliaries? One of mine was partially turned restricting flow.

  4. #4The Peej2019-10-15 06:53

    two friends had the same problems with their machines. I believe the hydraulic port in the cylinder is very restrictive and Takeuchi replaced their cylinders. Hopefully, Tags sees this post and comments.

  5. #5Matty1802019-10-16 21:25

    Ok thanks let me see if I can get that info.

  6. #6Matty1802019-10-16 21:26

    Ok. I do have the shut offs at the end of the stick I’ll check those out too.

  7. #7Matty1802019-10-16 21:29

    This is interesting. I never heard of that. Can u see if u can get some more info on that. I have spoken to my dealer and he never mentioned that. Did your friends contact tag for their replacement cylinders?