Hey guys, I’ll post info then what’s going on below Cat 330cl serial- kdd00169 Problem I’m having with it is, tracks will go into high speed for a little and then jump back to slow speed. Both sides spin the same when it goes into high and back when it randomly goes to slow speed. I can’t find the travel solenoid either. Thanks.
Usually the 2 speed is operated by pilot pressure so trace back from the centre swivel joint the smallest hose/pipe towards the pump. The 2 speed requires pressure to operate the high speed and zero for low. By checking what the oil is doing at the centre joint,ie, making and holding pressure, would be a good idea IMHO. I'm not a Cat guru by any means and could be w***g
@Tones seems right, although drop the hyd. schematic
Before you go hunting for the solenoid go into service mode and monitor 2 speed and P1/P2 pressures. The solenoid is controlled by the hydraulic ecm and will auto shift depending on discharge pressure. Check for active codes as well, a faulty discharge pressure sensor will keep it locked into turtle