Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 330F travel alarm

Phantom970 · 2022-09-13 19:18

Yes, I know it’s there for safety. This is a private owned machine on farm land only. I run it. I had a bit of a look but can’t find the travel alarm. Who knows where it is? I just want to unplug it for a while. It’s very loud and giving me the shxts. Iam working in mud and water so if it’s underneath I won’t be going in there............. Or is there a sequence with the button in the cab to disable it?

Replies5
  1. #1Sk19702022-09-13 21:07

    I think are 320e was on the fuel tank side look under the house there is holes in one of the plates underneath you should see it just take the plate off unplug it. Next gen can be shut off in cab.

  2. #2heymccall2022-09-13 23:49

    There is an override in every Caterpillar excavator here. The rub is you have to tap the override everytime you start to travel. As far as disable, they're almost always under the radiator.

  3. #3Phantom9702022-09-14 07:21

    yeah the button is a pain in the rear with it’s reset function every time levers are neutral I need an assistant or a long piece of string to activate a lever.........while I listen around it Thanks heymccall I will look around the radiator area Cheers

  4. #4Nige2022-09-14 10:58

    Looking at a random S/No of 330F the travel alarm appears to be on the wiring harness that has the implement temperature sensor (#10) and the plugged implement filter switch (#12) on it. That would put it somewhere around the hydraulic tank.

  5. #54x42022-09-14 12:16

    Those alarms are a hazard. It mimics the screams of someone being run over while at the same time overpowering the voice of someone calling the driver and desensitizatizing everyone to the sounds around them.