Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My TB135 excavator runs great for 10 minutes then quits

Garrej ยท 2022-09-13 16:57

My TB135 was running great, then one day last week it just stopped. After about 10-15 minutes it restarts and it cuts off again within 10 minutes. Same thing has been happening all week while I have been searching online for a solution. I believe the problem is in the controller is shutting down the unit. I started looking for the controller and it appears to be under the left stick behind the fuse panel but its not obvious exactly how to get to the relays and boards to look for the cause? I am hoping someone knows this machine and gives me some ideas. I have checked and the fuel seems to be flowing to the engine and the oil pressure is operating at 60 pounds. The engine seems cool so I don't think its overheating. I think the controller is turning on the emergency idling relays and I suppose they shut down the motor. My problem is I cant find the relays and controllers.

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2022-09-13 18:52

    Alright... First, does it peter out or shut off like switch? If it peters out, remove water separator assembly from the machine and verify the inlet tube is clear by running a wire through it. If it shuts off like a switch, then one of the 2 #9 ($55) triple relays has cold solder joints in it. As for access, the platform tilts up, if you cannot remove access covers. Buying new relays only kicks the can down road, as they are all poorly soldered. I have threads on here showing the separator inlet and/ or the tank outlet plugged with debris. And, under compact track loaders (TL150), I have threads on resoldering those two triple relays.

  2. #2CM19952022-09-13 19:51

    Welcome to the Forums GR!

  3. #3Garrej2022-09-15 06:34

    Thanks for the help.