Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 330L pump problem

bob b ยท 2008-06-22 09:42

I have a Cat 330L excavator the problem is when you are tracking in rabbit and you make a move with the bucket it pulls down the gound speed and takes about a minute to pick back up to speed. I changed all the hydraulic filters anyone have any other ideas

Replies8
  1. #1RonG2008-06-22 16:15

    That is normal Bob.As far as I know all brands do that.Ron G

  2. #2w2bstoned2008-06-25 19:46

    Yah that's normal...

  3. #3John C.2008-06-25 21:25

    You might try changing your fuel filters and checking your air filter. It is true that you only have so much horsepower from the engine and so much flow from the pumps. Moving another function will slow the machine down some until you let go. Does the machine stay slow after you quit moving the bucket?

  4. #4Reuben2008-06-26 00:35

    It might take a few seconds, 3 at the most two pick back up but I would not say one whole minute is normal

  5. #5bob b2008-06-28 00:04

    yea it takes that long to pick back up to speed

  6. #6Reuben2008-06-28 11:59

    YA I would say something is wrong

  7. #7Wolf2008-06-28 12:13

    tracking in rabbit sorry to ask, but what do you mean by "tracking in rabbit?"

  8. #8Dan832008-06-28 16:08

    Wolf, I may be wrong but what I think he means by "tracking in rabbit" is he's moving the machine, in the faster of two travel modes.