Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 331 excavator blade cylinder

Beverly vernon ยท 2020-06-10 15:13

Hello I'm needing suggestions on how to remove a fitting from the elbow welded onto the blade cylinder. The fitting broke in half. I removed the one from the hose fairly easily. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2020-06-10 15:20

    That fitting is welded in. It must be cut out and a new one welded in. And that's a Bobcat, not a "Cat"

  2. #2Beverly vernon2020-06-10 18:43

    Sorry about that. You are correct it is a bobcat. Thank you

  3. #3Theweldor2020-06-10 21:22

    Pretty simple job if you know someone who knows their way around cylinders. Those fittings are easily replaced.

  4. #4Beverly vernon2020-06-10 23:02

    How do you replace the fittings

  5. #5Tyler d4c2020-06-10 23:58

    Weld or braze a new one on the the tube tho I'm not totally sure on where to get the exact correct fitting to use.