CAT0336EHFJH00885 So I’ve changed the oil pressure sensor and tested the oil pressure and got 20 at low idle and 60 at high idle. I did an oil change since it was way over due and after I got 27 at low and 65. At high. That light hasn’t come back on yet but I’m wondering if the oil pump might be going bad
The pressures you measured seem fine. However, if you have concerns about the oil pump, here are some additional checks you can do: 1. Check Suction Tube Inlet Screen: Make sure there are no restrictions on the oil pump suction tube inlet screen. Any material that restricts oil flow can cause cavitation and loss of oil pressure. 2. Check Oil Filter Bypass Valve: If the oil filter bypass valve is open, the oil will not be properly filtered, which can lead to oil contamination and premature engine component wear. 3. Check Oil Pressure Relief Valve: A malfunctioning oil pressure relief valve can allow oil to leak through the valve, which reduces oil pressure. Make sure the valve spring is installed correctly and the valve piston is not stuck in the closed position. 4. Check Internal Components for Wear: Worn connecting rod bearings or main bearings, as well as worn oil pump impellers, can contribute to low oil pressure.
Over-running engine oil change service intervals on a regular basis is going to affect far more than the oil pump. Think crankshaft bearings for a start, and work from there......... Nominal oil pressure at Low Idle with the engine at normal operating temperature is 23psi with an acceptable range of 15-58psi. At High Idle the range is 35-87psi with a nominal of 43psi.
I’ve done everything in my power to maintain maintenance but it’s hard with this company. They tell you next week and before you know it months have gone by. I’ll definitely look into those. Thank you