Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 349e

steveo2108 · 2024-06-09 20:12

Hi and I'm new lol. Anyone on here have what fuse #33 goes to on 349e it's a 5amp for the ac and it keeps blowing. I pulled all the panels and can't find any cut or chafed wires. Thanks for the help in advance

Replies9
  1. #1ahart2024-06-09 20:33

    Here’s a schematic for the AC system, the 5A fuse is the power supply for the panel/controller. Unplug your AC compressor and check the resistance on the clutch coil. When does the fuse blow specifically?

  2. #2ahart2024-06-09 20:34

    See attachment

  3. #3steveo21082024-06-09 21:07

    So I read on another forum that it could be the clutch. So I unplugged it and cleaned it and it still blew. But it blows as soon as you turn the machine on

  4. #4steveo21082024-06-09 21:08

    It will not let me open attachment file corrupt or damaged is the message I get.

  5. #5ahart2024-06-10 06:30

    Take the cover off behind the seat, you’re looking for a red wire with a green stripe. I’ll try attaching file again.

  6. #6steveo21082024-06-10 12:13

    Thank you sir! I will chk that out today. File is working in second attachment

  7. #7steveo21082024-06-10 18:19

    Apart, thanks for all your help ac clutch ordering compressor tomorrow!!

  8. #8steveo21082024-06-10 18:21

    Ahart**

  9. #9ahart2024-06-10 18:41

    Good to hear, glad you found it.