Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 336D excavator a/c fault

gavb83 · 2023-01-22 02:55

Hi there, does anyone know fault code 21E is on the Aircon screen on a cat 336D excavator?

Replies10
  1. #1ahart2023-01-22 08:35

    Here you go, should be everything you need there.

  2. #2Oxbow2023-01-22 15:27

    We have a 320D and 345D, and on each of those if you see an E behind the temp it indicates a fault with the a/c, like low on freon.

  3. #3heymccall2023-01-22 17:35

    Didn't read the linked diagnostic instructions? 21E tells us that the sensor at the evaporator is an open circuit.

  4. #4Oxbow2023-01-22 17:52

    No, it wasn't up when I posted. It popped up as soon as hit Post Reply. What all can cause an open circuit? I apologize for trying to help.

  5. #5ahart2023-01-22 18:38

    Open circuit is one of two things, either a wire is broken or the sensor is faulty.

  6. #6gavb832023-01-23 05:20

    Thanks heaps Everyone I’ll have a look at the machine tomorrow

  7. #7gavb832023-01-23 05:33

    Ahart are you able to send me the attachment file for some reason I can’t open it? Thanks [email protected]

  8. #8ahart2023-01-23 07:25

    Sent

  9. #9heymccall2023-01-23 08:13
  10. #10heymccall2023-01-23 10:24