Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

does gehl still make excavators

Carolina start up ยท 2023-01-21 15:15

scrolling on marketplace i saw a few for sell they dint look bad but I googled the company and on machinery trader, the newest one was from 2018. I did go to the website and they don't have any mention for excavators just skid steers, loaders, and telehandlers.

Replies6
  1. #1DDoug2023-01-21 21:04

    IIRC they simply re-badged ones from Germany, Mustang I think.

  2. #2Carolina start up2023-01-22 08:54

    yeah I tried to google and I wasn't coming up with anything which I think it said wacker made the excavators before

  3. #3MarshallPowerGen2023-01-22 11:29

    From the looks of the Manitou website, it doesn't look like there are any excavators offered through their brands anymore. Also, didn't realize Mustang is no longer listed as a Manitou brand. https://www.manitou-group.com/en/group/brands/ Quick search shows they switched from Wacker to Yanmar mini excavators in 2012, but not sure when they discontinued them all together. The few of them I worked on were older and pretty beat up, but were good machines. I know we never seemed to have any issues getting parts for them, but may have had to go through Wacker or Yanmar.

  4. #4DDoug2023-01-22 12:37

    Thinking back.....I came across a GEHL mini that must have made by GEHL, it was very boxy, had similar lines like their skidloaders, and IIRC the age (it was a craigslist advert) must have been one of the first.

  5. #5Carolina start up2023-01-22 20:11

    I looked up what is my local dealer and the dealer they listed doesn't even have gehl on their so I'm not sure if north Carolina even has a dealer then

  6. #6Carolina start up2023-01-22 20:12

    the ones I saw were on machinery trader I mean they had a 2017 on there with 42 hours I think for 44k I can't remember the state but anit no point in even looking at a machine that you have no dealer support for