Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 336EL reliability

Mike52793 ยท 2021-04-14 07:47

Hello looking for some input on the CAT 336EL. Im looking to purchase a 2013 with around 3500 hours on it but have concerns over what I hear about the c9.3 acert engines. Any input on these? My other option was leaning towards a komatsu pc-360/390 as I have not heard of these machines having any problems.

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2021-04-14 09:23

    I've got 7k hours on my 336el (BZY) from 2013. DPF needs cleaned (demanded by on-board computer) @ 5k hours, and dealer must reprogram. Other than regular maintenance, the only other repair was to replace the line relief cartridge for bucket curl (function drifted).

  2. #2Mike527932021-04-14 14:36

    Im wondering if the Japanese models are more reliable than the US? Ive seen alot of US models with only 5800 hours with reman engines and or travel motors