Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 350L Oil Pressure

Mulla1 ยท 2025-09-27 06:35

First the info : Cat 350L Ser No, 9DK00120 I was running the machine when it shut down. I checked and the feed line connected to the filter base was leaking oil . It was running out unde rpressure and so the machine shu down automatically. I refitted new seals and refitted the solid pipe. The machine turned over but refused to start. Does anyone know if I have to bleed the oil line or prime the line to get the oil pressure up or have the computer reset ? Thanks M

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2025-09-28 10:38

    Does the machine have some sort of aftermarket shutdown system installed.? I wasn't aware there was an automatic shutdown for low oil pressure, or anything else for that matter. Yest the Action Alarm will be creaming but AFAIK the engine won't shut down.

  2. #2Mulla12025-10-01 17:57

    Thanks Nige.... No I just assumed the coincidence of Oil leaking (at a reasonable rate) from the oil line AND the engine shutting down ...then they must've been linked by the actions of the ECM. I now know to trace the problem to fuel or elsewhere. I'll post back when the problem is solved !! Much appreciated

  3. #3Mulla12025-10-06 15:06

    The problem is solved ! It was traced to a bad connection in the E Stop ( Emergency Stop Switch). The switch was replaced and the machine runs. Hope this gives someone a lead.