Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 3512B marine unit

Mahammad ยท 2020-08-31 13:57

Hello, I have a unit of CAT 3512B marine unit and I want some info about it. is there anyone to help me? Thanks.

Replies10
  1. #1hosspuller2020-08-31 14:36

    Post the serial numbers of the engine.

  2. #2Mahammad2020-08-31 15:10

    please look at the photo.

  3. #3kshansen2020-08-31 19:52

    Picture is hard to read. Can you type in what the numbers and letters are in the two circled parts of the picture? Also can you give an idea of what info you might be wanting, that tag give a good amount of the specifications and even the year it was built. The more you can tell us the more we can tell you. To be honest I'm not real sure how much information my SIS account will show me on a marine generator but I'd be willing to try if you can give the numbers circled in red.

  4. #4Mark2502020-09-01 01:06
  5. #5Mahammad2020-09-01 14:12

    Hello, my generator SN is S2H00580, I have mixed SN with my other CAT 3512B generator. Please look at this photo. And I have some questions about marine units. Like Air starter, coolant and oil temperature sensors.

  6. #6kshansen2020-09-01 16:08

    Mark250, guess I should have saved that picture to a file then enlarged it as the first try it came out all fuzzy!

  7. #7kshansen2020-09-01 16:19

    Not having much luck at my end as both the genset numbers appear to show only electric starters. Now I'm sure they could have been converted at some time but I personally don't have a way to easily find that information. Sorry I could not be of any help!

  8. #8Nige2020-09-02 12:36

    Right down at the bottom of the photo. It appears the engine number is 1GZ02770 if you are looking for engine information. I had no idea Cat marine engines were available with air start other than the big MAK units.

  9. #9kshansen2020-09-02 16:07

    Maybe I'm just not looking at the right place but all the starters I'm seeing say electric!

  10. #10Nige2020-09-02 16:53

    1GZ02770 is the engine S/No for a 3512B Generator Set S/No 6GW01175. This genset was not built for marine use as far as I can see. The 3512B Marine Genset is S/No prefix NSC. There is an air starting option for this arrangement. That is not to say that the OP's genset was not installed in a marine application at some time. It just wasn't built that way.