Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 365c ecm fault

Andrewk143 · 2022-11-02 16:03

Currently having a fault on my cat 365c where it is intermittently flashing up ecm fault and if the machine is on anything but level ground it is worse, if the operator is tracking up a hill he says it is so bad he has to go up facing backwards and this stops the fault coming up, any ideas on what this could be will be appreciated

Replies17
  1. #1Andrewk1432022-11-02 16:04

    Also I haven’t had chance to plug a computer in, hopefully get a chance in the next couple of days and this might indicate exactly what it is, but in the meantime I thought it’ll be worth asking on here

  2. #2Nige2022-11-02 16:42

    From the description a wonky harness connector somewhere is probably a good start. Please post a Serial Number while you're at it. If you get ET on to it then post up a list of Active Diagnostic Codes. If you get Finning to it make sure they download a Product Status Report (PSR) in Adobe pdf format before they do anything. Then download another one after the finish whatever they do.

  3. #3heymccall2022-11-02 18:04

    ECM fault will have a code generated. It can be accessed through the display monitor. No ET required.

  4. #4Nige2022-11-03 06:28

    Here's the how to in case you've never done it before.

  5. #5Andrewk1432022-11-03 06:33

    That is great thank you, I was told you could look at active errors through the control panel but had no luck finding it, I’ll take a look when I get back to the machine later on and let you know what I find

  6. #6Nige2022-11-03 06:39

    Make sure you post a Serial number as well please.

  7. #7Andrewk1432022-11-03 06:42

    Will do

  8. #8Andrewk1432022-11-03 09:41

    Serial number CAT0365CPMEM00189

  9. #9Andrewk1432022-11-03 09:42

    As for accessing the error codes I need a password to access the page from the menu page so trying to get that at the moment

  10. #10heymccall2022-11-03 11:14

    If 10 blocks, it's 9992. If 4 blanks, it's FFF2.

  11. #11Andrewk1432022-11-03 12:20

    Here are the fault codes logged, none currently active

  12. #12Nige2022-11-03 12:47

    I think you might have to get into the system to find out which one of the six is playing silly buggers on you. Can the operator describe what happens to the machine performance when the fault becomes active.? 91-08 - Throttle Position Signal Abnormal. 262-04 - 5v sensor power supply short to ground. 590-12 is the Main ECM not receiving expected information from the engine ECM - a distinct possibility but it will need ET to troubleshoot it. 1149 (2 Codes) is the boom lowering check solenoid - unlikely. 1155 is the powershift pressure solenoid - possible I guess.

  13. #13Andrewk1432022-11-03 14:38

    We have had a similar issue before on the machine, and it ended up being the hydraulic temperature sensor wires where loose, we have then had the issue again so we replaced the sensor which sorted it for a while and then it has came back, so the 5vsensor power short to ground could be a possibility, as for when the fault becomes active he says it loses all hydraulics when it happens then clears after 3 seconds or so

  14. #14Nige2022-11-03 15:02

    Here's the troubleshooting for the 262-04.

  15. #15Andrewk1432022-11-03 15:55

    What comes up for the 39 590 12 fault code? My plan for tomorrow is clear all the faults and get him to track up a hill to make the fault come up and hopefully I’ll identify which of these faults it is

  16. #16Nige2022-11-03 17:27

    I don't think the 39-590-12 is a factor, and it really needs ET to take a look unless there is a way of brining up installed software Part Numbers on the Monitor panel. The only thing that comes to mind when looking at the procedure is the question whether or not someone has been playing fast & loose and exchanging ECMs between machines.

  17. #17Andrewk1432022-12-12 09:40

    Finally got back round to this machine and it ended up being rubber perished to the fuel pressure sensor causing a short and found a almost broken wire to the intake manifold pressure sensor which totally snapped when I was cutting the cable ties off that where supporting it, cheers for all your help and information it really is appreciated.