Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for a used engine for my 1998 Hitachi Ex350H-5.

FarmerToby · 2022-11-02 14:43

Does anyone know where I can find a used engine for my excavator or maybe you know someone that has one? It has an Isuzu B-6SD1T engine. I'm located in northern Alberta. I keep getting coolant in the oil and I can't find where its coming from. Starting to suspect a cracked block so I am beginning to think I need an engine so I figured I would start looking. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Tones2022-11-02 16:02

    Look for truck wreckers(dismantlers) as it's a truck engine with a derated fuel system. In a truck it is 270-275 hp. A quick search found some in Australia and New Zealand so they seem fairly common down here at least.

  2. #2spitzair2022-11-03 01:04

    Try Brickers down in the lower mainland, they have a pretty good selection of stuff, otherwise maybe Arrow West in Edmonton…

  3. #3FarmerToby2022-11-04 17:58

    Thanks guys, I'll check them out.

  4. #4Delmer2022-11-05 00:21

    You could try machinery trader part number search, either for the engine out of an excavator, or similar equipment, or else for a truck engine.