Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 375 final drive problem

Cmark ยท 2011-11-07 06:49

Just when you think you've seen everything, life throws this at you; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkC6XIP_6Dk All wisecracks welcome

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2011-11-07 08:14

    It'll have to wait until I get home. Our IT Nazis won't let us go on Youtube at work.

  2. #2cb752011-11-07 09:57

    Must be in rabbit

  3. #3Per Eriksson2011-11-07 16:25

    Would be interesting to peek inside the final and look at the carnage.

  4. #4Cmark2011-11-07 22:51

    It would be interesting wouldn't it. We're not going to bother though, there's a 5mm split in the ring gear. Just going to install a new assembly. I'll take some photos of the motor side if I remember.

  5. #5Nige2011-11-08 09:25

    There's times you just have to go to the machine armed with a shovel to dig the broken bits out - and very little else .....!!

  6. #6Muffler Bearing2011-11-08 22:53

    wow, I think one of your planets is out of alignment. That's crazy it changed from a reduction to an overdrive.

  7. #7Cmark2011-11-09 02:45

    Nothing really exciting in the back. Sorry. :tong