Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Line boring machine

curb guy ยท 2011-11-02 00:08

I was wondering, while looking at all the line boring pics on here, if any of you guys have ever made your own machine with a magnetic drill press? And, if so, do you have any photos or info you could share? I could swear that I've seen photos somewhere before. Anyway, any info you could provide would be much appreciated !!

Replies2
  1. #1Iron@Dirt2011-11-02 20:25

    Originaly used a mag drill to line bore with. Just bolted a plate close to 90 degrees or put small cross joints and stuck the drill right on the plate. There is no machine to make, just hanger bearings, sleeves and boring bar. Had to be carefull on horizontal postions, usualy put a safety chain. For the past ten or more years I machined a gear box with three speeds that I clamped a right angle drill to and used manuel feed. Sorry havent been able to do pictures.

  2. #2steve loving2011-11-02 22:30

    I have a homemade gearhead boring machine but i did use a mag drill on my last boring job which was the 990 cat boom and it did fine on the 6.5 inch holes. American machine tools is the lineboring website i think you are reffering to. Steve