Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 385 in the netherlands

willemdegrader ยท 2008-12-30 15:14

cat 385 loading a volvo a 35 dumptruck

Replies13
  1. #1cps2008-12-30 20:30

    Hi there willemdegrader, and welcome to hef! I guess you work for Martens en van oord, i've read about them in earthmover magazine a few times and have seen the website. They are a very ineresting company with some great machines! Can we look forward lots of great pictures!

  2. #2cat 3852008-12-30 21:03

    welcome nice pics,i noticed the hoe in the background has g.p.s on it,very cool.

  3. #3JTL2008-12-30 22:52

    All I ever say, or hear on a 385/truck spread is "BACK UP A LITTLE MORE!" Im quessing all you ever hear, or say is "STOP, YOUR TO CLOSE!" or "PULL AHEAD 10 FEET!"Nice pictures, thanks for showing us.:drinkupJason

  4. #4Burnout2008-12-30 23:39

    Now thats a light bar if I have ever seen one! at least it looks like a light bar on that beast. Think it needs to be lowered for transport?:drinkup

  5. #5JTL2008-12-30 23:46

    I just noticed that on the 385. Im thinking its the GPS towers. I noticed the GPS on the smaller hoe, but missed it on the big one.Jason

  6. #6willemdegrader2008-12-31 07:23

    yes you're right Jason.the frame on the back is made for the gps receivers,because the boom disturbs the reception of the gps. Martens en Van Oord uses on almost every machine gps.I'll shoot some more pics in the future to show on this forum

  7. #7Burnout2008-12-31 12:09

    Well then you know..... right now would be a fine time to mount some lights on there....lol

  8. #8cat 3852008-12-31 18:35

    duh,i did not notice the one on the 385,i was to busy thinking i would hate to load trucks with that thing,ha,ha ointhead

  9. #9cps2009-01-02 19:14

    Hi Willem Correct me if im wrong but has the cab on the 385 been widened, i thought i saw this on there website a while back but was'nt sure what machine it was! Was this done by cat or another local company?

  10. #10willemdegrader2009-01-03 13:39

    hello cps. teh cab is sure widened,but i really don't know if its done by cat..here's a link for some more pic's http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=12244&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

  11. #11cps2009-01-03 14:06

    Thanks For the link Willem:cool2 I wont ask the stuipid of what happened there, but how did it happen? I've heard that GPS control boxes can over heat, did that have any thing to do with it?

  12. #12willemdegrader2009-01-03 15:10

    the're not for sure,but they think there was oil leaking upon the turbo..pumps and engine are replaced now.

  13. #13AtlasRob2009-01-03 15:41

    Ouch, big clean and beautiful, but still susceptable to one of the most common causes of loss ( after theft )