Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 385’s Part 2

nkh111 ยท 2010-09-06 19:18

I know there was a thread like this a while back but I thought I would share a few pictures of the 385's ESS has as well as some others I have photographed over the last couple of years. First ESS:

Replies28
  1. #1nkh1112010-09-06 19:22

    A few more:

  2. #2nkh1112010-09-06 19:26

    and some more

  3. #3nkh1112010-09-06 19:29

    More 385's

  4. #4nkh1112010-09-06 19:32

    That's it

  5. #5YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-09-06 19:32

    374

  6. #6YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-09-06 19:34

    385

  7. #7nkh1112010-09-06 19:40

    It seems to me a 374 is a strange size. With the popularity of the 385 and the universal dislike of the 365 I question Cats decision unless it is a replacement for the 365

  8. #8YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-09-06 19:47

    It is a replacement for the 365, from what I understand its supposed to be alot faster hoe than the 365 and in medim duty applications it supposed to be right on the old 385cs ass for production #s. My wife took that picture a year before she was unvield to the public on a tour of the Tucson training grounds. I was cleaning out her memory card on her camera and came across it. I was like oh crap you wernt supposed to take a picture of that! lol

  9. #9nkh1112010-09-06 19:56

    I see. I have never even seen a 365 in person. But if it is close to a 385 and fast it might make a go. That is the one complaint I have about the 385s, they are slow.

  10. #10YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-09-06 20:15

    I wonder how many people are adjusting thier electrohydraulic modulation settings on the 385s though?? you can make them feel sluggish as hell or very responsive depending on how you adjust the settings.

  11. #11cat 325ccr2010-09-06 20:30

    my pic

  12. #12TomG2010-09-06 20:37

    Great Pictures!

  13. #13nkh1112010-09-06 21:34

    I always try to keep my eyes open for good shots of equipment. I probly have about 4000 photos I have taken over the years. I am going to try and get some photos of our 385 here in osage beach working if we get to put in any more pipe on that job

  14. #14JimBruce422010-09-06 22:05

    my new favorite thread, lol. :notworthy:drinkup great pics by all, nkh, I recognize the company name decals on most of yours (ESS, DKG, Mac...) but the blue triangle one. Who is that? *edit.. here are a few from my archives, guess the resizer is still on the fritz, so I'll just like to my imageshack* http://a.imageshack.us/img135/3808/aicat385blme21xs7.jpg http://a.imageshack.us/img518/4746/hkcat385bl7402ap5.jpg

  15. #15hvy 1ton2010-09-07 00:23

    Apparently, it's United Contractors Midwest. I'd never heard of them til 5 minutes ago. Looks like a heavy highway/paving outfit with the odd large commercial project. http://www.ucm.biz/services.htm

  16. #16DEERE310SG2010-09-07 13:34

    Nice Pic's

  17. #17nkh1112010-09-07 20:38

    Yeah it is United contractors midwest. They are a company that was formed when 3 fairly large contractors here in the midwest merged. The earthmoving division was formerly Freeson Inc., the paving division was formerly Illinois Valley paving and I don't know the name of the bridge company. I think they are out of the Quincy Illinois area but I could be wrong

  18. #18nkh1112010-09-07 21:00
  19. #19nkh1112010-09-07 21:02

    One more

  20. #20JimBruce422010-09-07 21:40
  21. #21nkh1112010-09-08 23:08

    They are called rock pro buckets and they are garage. They were fairly cheap and they wanted to try them out. The 345 one is not bad but the 385 one is not as easy to load because of the shape and is constantly needing welding because it keeps cracking all over.

  22. #22Burnout2010-09-09 11:00

    We're supposed to be posting 385 pictures? Hmmmm I don't think I have ever taken a pic of one of those. How about videos? YouTube - Caterpillar 385B LME

  23. #23JimBruce422010-09-09 17:04

    Rock pro buckets, what's the yardage on them? We have olympic or olympian or something like that buckets. The 345 buckets are technically 4.88, but after the side cutters and teeth they tend to have a closer avg. of 5 yards.

  24. #24nkh1112010-09-09 20:44

    I don't know the yardage on the 345 but the 385 is 9.5 but probly over 10 easily if you heap it. I know in dirt 3 buckets fill a 740

  25. #25nkh1112010-09-09 20:53
  26. #26JDOFMEMI2010-09-09 21:32

    Those 385 buckets look like what I run on a 375. Your right, 3 passes for a 40 tonner will load a lot of trucks in a day. I have a couple of good pictures of it, but can't seem to get them posted. I have always just loaded by copying the

  27. #27hvy 1ton2010-09-09 22:26
  28. #28JDOFMEMI2010-09-09 22:35

    Ok I'll try thisone more time. I got shut down on the direct upload, and the upload from Photobucket, so here is the links: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/jdofmemi/Some equip pics/100_3741.jpg http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/jdofmemi/Some equip pics/100_3743.jpg http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/jdofmemi/Some equip pics/100_3760.jpg http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/jdofmemi/100_1576.jpg http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/jdofmemi/7e0c47e5.jpg