Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 385C L Loads Roll-Off

Cat 328d lcr ยท 2009-11-21 15:42

YouTube - Cat 385C L Loads Roll-off Truck

Replies9
  1. #1Andy10872009-11-21 20:28

    Neat video. It seems like they waste a lot of time draining the water out of the bucket though. Maybe they should be using a slotted dredging bucket. Andy

  2. #2willie592009-11-21 21:01

    Nice video Cat 328d lcr. :drinkup

  3. #3Cat 328d lcr2009-11-21 22:56

    They only had that bucket and a hammer for it there thanks!!

  4. #4plantman.uk2009-11-22 06:35

    i know this may be a daft question...but why don't they pump it while the machine digs it?

  5. #5Ross2009-11-22 09:23

    Interesting 4:27 By the title I thought the Machine was gonna Roll-Off summit :tong

  6. #6AtlasRob2009-11-22 17:47

    Nice video. I would be intrested to know what is going on ( apart from the obvious.... he loading a roll on off ) I take it the cofferdam is not watertight which is why its not pumped out. The size of some of those rocks and your previous comment, I take it he is having to use a breaker. What concerns me is if the cofferdam was built/installed and then infilled so the excavator can get out there to work ( look at ground outside the steels ) then is he not pushing his luck spinning 180* while sitting on that edge. It might be solid rock he is digging but that is below water, what about the made up ground he is sat on? With reference to the time spent draining the bucket. If you look in the back of the truck it appears to have material ramped against the rear door suggesting to me that the truck has to go on the highway and somebody does not want a big fine or cleanup bill for leakage.

  7. #7JDOFMEMI2009-11-22 19:25

    Rob It looks to me like the ground he is sitting on is restrained inside another cell of the cofferdam. I think that is the only way to get out to the edge like that in the first place. I think you got it right on the dewatering of the material. As far as the comment about why they don't use a slotted bucket, maybe they don't have one for the machine, and for a 385 you are talking big $$ to buy one, or just use what you have and take a little more time.

  8. #8Cat 328d lcr2009-11-28 18:51

    Hes sitting on more cofferdams that need to be removed

  9. #9AtlasRob2009-11-29 07:32

    Well spotted Jerry, I hadn't clocked that. :notworthy Thanks for the confirmation, that makes perfect sense and the whole job safer. What are they actually aiming to achieve, a new pier maybe ?