Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 385C loading a dump truck in 3 1/2 buckets

cat 325ccr ยท 2010-10-05 12:17

YouTube - CAT 385C LME excavator loading a dump truck [HD]

Replies10
  1. #1D&GExcavating2010-10-05 12:33

    Thats pretty cool. But it almost looks like that truck would be overweight.

  2. #2ziggy2010-10-05 12:45

    I allways pack my camera and I did this with a flexible tripod in the arctic.The previous video looks like a guy could pull himself over the edge easily.Im a bit more rammy then the operator in the first video.That was day 48 straight for me and i my first year loading trucks. YouTube - The bone yard

  3. #3CM19952010-10-05 15:11

    Ziggy, is the cab mounted on the right side of that excavator??

  4. #4ziggy2010-10-05 18:57

    Left side,it's an older CAT 350 with the chains and rollers over the counterwieght to raise and lower it.I could load the 50 tonne cat trucks from ground level.She's an old gal,Track pads were about 4 feet wide and 4 inches thick and used to break all the time. I have 67 vid's from working in the Arctic.

  5. #5buckfever2010-10-05 19:14

    anyone else get motion sick wathing that vid?

  6. #6DK_stihl2010-10-05 19:20

    vid I think that the footage is inverted.

  7. #7masterwelder2010-10-05 19:23

    Thought it was just me...

  8. #8ziggy2010-10-05 19:28

    Ya,it must be inverted or something as the stick is in the middle,never noticed it before....Arctic gremlins maybe? Duh,the cam was upside down as I used a gorillapod flexible tripod. That explains it.

  9. #9ziggy2010-10-05 19:37

    hitach 200,I thought the bucket was going to fall off the pins and bushings were so worn. YouTube - pipeline cleanup

  10. #10CM19952010-10-05 19:40

    OK, that explains it. I was wondering what model Cat hoe had the cab on the right hand side. Thought it might be Australian....