Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 390F Pump 1 losing flow

Andy P ยท 2023-11-15 08:21

Hi, I have a Cat 390F and when I track some times the left track locks and shutters. Also if I operate the stick in and out it will be normal for 1 cycle and then go slow. if I don't operate a lever for a few seconds and operate again it will do the same. On the screen pump 1 drops cc/rev from 214 to 28. No codes present, pilot system has 600psi full rev. Pump 1 & Pump 2 main relief set at 5000psi all checked. Can anyone help on tis please.

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2023-11-15 08:39

    This THREAD related to a problem with similar symptoms on a smaller machine. From memory the final solution was not on anyone's radar.

  2. #2Andy P2023-11-15 08:41

    Hi Nige Serial no HJD10061

  3. #3Nige2023-11-15 09:03

    Read through that link to Page 2 for what was discovered to be the problem. It may be worth a look.

  4. #4LACHAU2023-11-16 02:37

    Based on what I highlighted in red above. I think you should check the electrical part including the wire, connector and even the sensor number 29 itself.

  5. #5LACHAU2023-11-16 03:29
  6. #6LACHAU2023-11-16 03:30