Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 407c telehandler

johnpaulsavage · 2023-03-23 06:33

Hi new to this forum but I’m just at a loss with my cat 407c telehandler and wanted to ask has anyone experienced same trouble and if so were they able to find cause , so I’ll start here giving as much info as I can , when I jump in and start up machine I’ve no power coming to any lift controls for almost a minute or so, then will work fine and won’t fault as long as I’m sitting in one place just moving joy stick , but then if I touch steering wheel will know of again and won’t lift or tilt or anything for almost a minute again, has anyone on here ever experienced this ?

Replies7
  1. #1Vetech632023-03-23 07:38

    Post your machine serial # for the Cat gurus.

  2. #2johnpaulsavage2023-03-24 05:20

    I hope this is right number that I’ve took of machine Yc5A1788AMLH01218

  3. #3Baltoi Ionut2023-03-24 11:29

    For me, it didn't have speed and strength in the arm, for me the problem was with the rings of the hydraulic solenoids from the distributor

  4. #4Nige2023-03-24 13:28

    If you want to get hold of factory service & repair information this link will work CAT Alliance Region Selection NOTE: You have to select your geographical location in the drop down box on the LH side before proceeding. NACD - North America LACD - Latin America EAME/APD - Europe/Africa/Middle East/Asia-Pacific

  5. #5johnpaulsavage2023-04-28 10:12

    Nige your link was incredibly helpful to me and got me the information I needed to sort my main problem with the cat 407c that left the machine off the road for 3 complete months and was something as simple as priority valve . So thank u very much for that . All though I have one more small problem now that wasn’t there before I was working at it . An was wondering could u shed a little light on it for me , the machine does not know now that it has a quick hydraulic hitch fitted to it and when I go into menu on dash with the access level 2 code (33271) in machine setup where it says( quick coupler) (no) where it should be (yes)! it won’t change does this machine need a computer to change this ?

  6. #6Nige2023-04-28 11:08

    I'm not familiar with this product line but if it is anything like other product lines it will require Cat ET to access the ECM and change the status of the quick coupler. Usually a change of this type does not require factory passwords. AFAIK the reason for not allowing direct changes from the keypad is to stop the smarter generation of operators "re-programming" machines on the fly. In some cases all that is required is to have ET connected and as soon as that happens the keypad commands are then "unlocked" allowing service personnel to change parameters. That may or may not be the case on your TH.

  7. #7Angry Mike2023-04-29 03:08

    You may need to go to level 3 access to change. It is the same password