I am looking at picking up a Clark c500-50. Everything I have read says the -50 is 5k capacity and -30 is 3k. But the data plate clearly says 2750 LB. I am trying to figure which it is. The serial number is not like other lifts so I am guessing its much older. Thoughts?
It all depends on attachments at the time of sale (new or dealer modified). It shows palletless so it had either a slip sheet, appliance grab, paper roll or other attachment plus possibly sideshift. All of this along with lift height and tilt angle will affect the center of gravity thus the rated load. I can't read much of it. Contact your local Clark dealer and give them the complete model and serial number. They "may" get a line sheet for you. The line sheet will tell you what it was built from and the special parts. This should tell you all the info that you need. Because of the age, getting the tilt to the correct angle will require the dealer contacting engineering and getting the correct dimensions for the angle stops. The reason for this is, when you have a fairly high lift height the tilt will be restricted to keep it inside the safety envelope. If you don't care about tilt angle just ignore this part.
Would it still weigh as much as a standard c500-50?
I can't answer that as I don't know the engineering specifics. It may have a different counter weight, steer axle, who knows.
Sorry thought I replied. Thank you. I am still trying to get this unit. Guessing they derated the lift capacity. Ones I get it picked up I should be able to get a weight on the trailer. That should tell the sorry more.
Was able to get more pictures. Was told that its a points ignition so that dates her 60-70's right? The forks are there just off to the side. What do you guys think she is worth?