Hi all. I'm doing the belts on my buddies CAT 415F2IL. Serial # CAT0415FTPF400930. Was just looking at everything before taking it all apart and cant seem to find how to tension the belt for the AC compressor. Maybe I am burnt out, blind, stupid, or all of the above...but it looks like the only way to do it is to remove the 4 bolts on top that hold the compressor to its mount and then man handle the belt onto it? Then manhandle the compressor down and get the 4 bolts lined backed up? This can't be the correct way, but I just don't see any type of tensioner or slotted holes to do it differently. What am I missing? I feel like it's something super simple and I'm just overlooking it while overthinking. It has a separate belt for the alternator & fan, which is straight forward and is tensioned with the alternator instead of a tensioner pulley. AC compressor runs on a separate smaller belt to the fan pulley, and that's all. Any advice is truly appreciated!
There's no information in SIS, but it looks like this machine runs a non-adjustable belt. Search google for "stretch belt tools", and there's probably a load of videos on youtube if you search for the same thing.