Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580CK

MSteele7 ยท 2024-06-18 09:43

I have a Case 580CK that struggles to move in forward & reverse. On the slightest incline I have to step on the left brake pedal to disengage the drive, let it build up pressure, then release the brake pedal to move 2 feet, then start over. Once I'm on a level surface it will move with obviously no power. I believe the torque converter may be being starved for fluid. The fluid level in the shutttle drive was low, I filled it, and it seemed to help, but not much. I checked the level this morning, and I apparently overfilled it. At idle the fluid pressure is 145 lbs In Reverse the pressure drops to 100 lbs. In Forwad the pressure drops to 10 lbs. If I step on the accelerator the pressure increses accordingly in Forward and Reverse. The relevant history of it is: I swaped out the Twin Disc Shuttle (broken forward spring) with a Rockford shuttle that I rebuilt, and rebuilt the engine. Can anybody please help me figure out what might be wrong?

Replies3
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2024-06-19 14:01

    Sounds like you have a bad forward piston seal.

  2. #2MSteele72024-06-19 20:42

    Thanks Coy. I've been thinking the same thing myself. I don't understand why I also lose reverse though. I'm dreading taking it all apart again, especially without being sure of exactly what the problem is.

  3. #3Vicsbse2025-01-15 12:13

    The screen is plugged in the bottom at your transmission pump intake some people drill a hole through the case and then put a plate or thread it and put a plug in it