Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 416 c linkage problems

Tavasci1 ยท 2017-05-24 16:14

Hello everybody. I recently purchased a used 2000 Cat 416c and I am having some issues with it. The backhoe scoop linkage arms broke and the H linkage bent. I replaced the arms and had the H link pressed straight and welded. I also replaced all the pins and bushings. Greased them up and within a hour the arms literally popped off both sides. See attached photos. No signs of anything binding and all looks straight. Any help would be appreciated! Please ask for anymore details or photos. Sorry if this post lacks a lot of detail or technical jargon as I am new to the backhoe ownership world!

Replies4
  1. #1Tavasci12017-05-24 16:15

    Also in the attached schematic I have circles in green what I have replaced. I really appreciate your time and any help you can give.

  2. #2Mark2502017-05-24 16:27

    Hi I would check your bucket cylinder rod length un pin the cylinder from the linkage roll your bucket all the way in ,extend the rod and check that the difference in position of the rod eye and the linkage bore Mark

  3. #3Tavasci12017-05-24 17:46

    Thanks for the quick reply. I will check that out.

  4. #4squidrig2017-05-24 20:49

    Are u sure the dog bones were on in the proper orientation? It looks like binding for sure