Has anyone ever installed the freeze plug heater in a Perkins 4.236 Liter before? I just bought a Kim Hotstart 1000kw and would like to know if anyone had any problems with there install. Carrazi
I haven't installed one on this engine, and maybe someone will post after me and tell you they have. I can say I've install a number of freeze plug heaters in various engines, and they seem to work fairly well. Usually not too bad. If you don't get any other info, I would go ahead and drain the coolant and knock out a freeze plug, then you can see what kind of clearance you have to work with, where the cylinder liners are, and measure the size of the freeze plug hole. Most good auto parts stores can provide you with a freeze plug heater that will work for you. Most I have used are the ones that the heat unit isn't straight, but has a bend in it, which allows you to turn it in the freeze plug hole to a point where your not touching a cylinder liner with the heat unit. Even if you don't find something that will work, you can always knock a new freeze plug in and figure out a plan B.