hey guys new to the forum here seems like a helpful place to exchange knowledge. Alittle background I was a cat mechanic for the past 5 years and now run my own small scale business primarily doing demolition lately. So I was recently asked to look at a cat 416 for a friend. All of the hydraulics slowly got weak and now won’t even lift boom or loader, steering was the last to go. Before I got to him he already put a brand new hydraulic pump, compensator valve and filters/fluid flush, no change. Doesn’t help to try separate functions at once. Sounded to me a lot like the resolver issues these have so I removed the loader valve and completely resealed all valve banks, new springs, resolvers(primary and secondary), inspected the priority valve and reinstalled it feeling pretty confident I eliminated all variables for the loader pilot circuit. Still nothing! Hooked a gauge up to find the pump only has about 150psi out the actual supply line, now leading me to believe the standby pressure isn’t great enough to allow the priority valve to send enough psi to even make the compensator valve upstroke the pump. Please any thoughts on this because everyone seems to just have resolver issues s/n is 5pc08790 thanks in advance!
Would the Hydraulic Schematic and Systems Operation documents be of any use to you..? If so PM me with your email address.
Thanks Nige but I actually got the systems operations printed off today to aid in my diagnosis so hopefully I can determine some possible problem points. I was really hoping perhaps somebody else has had similar issues but everybody just seems to need resolver seals and they’re good to go, wish this was the case haha