Oil is leaking (bad, real bad) from both brake rod seals. I replaced them, and they are still leaking really bad. I don't know if the rods are worn or what the problem is. Will it hurt anything if the oil level is below the brake rods seals? My guess is the axle bearings won't get enough oil?
Sure you put them in without damage? Leaking at the rod or the housing?
Yes, I'm pretty sure. Leaking at rod
What part # did you use?
Seal (43)...keeps oil in.
And I still think you need #45 here. Been a long time since I had a Ford axle out.
I used 9R1678, I didn't know about the new upgraded seal.
I think part #45 is the problem! I didn't see anything like that when I replaced the seal. I found the part # 9R0752. It says its an adapter. Wonder where it goes? In between the seal and rod?
The seal update is just for long term survival. They all will seal when new.
That's what I figured. I did find my problem, not sure on the solution though. I looked at it this morning, the seal fits way too loose on the rod. There is no way the seal is going to seal. I'm thinking the adaptor fits in the seal to make the seal tighter, and the adaptor rides on the rod, not the seal. I'm going to get new seals and adaptors.
Fixed?
Yes, seals weren't correctly installed on part #45 in your last picture