Hello all. Went to check the oil on my Super k turbo and the oil on the oil pan dipstick was green. I smelled the oil on the dipstick and couldn't detect any diesel smell to it. I wondered IF it was antifreeze in the oil but the hoe isn't making any smoke and there is no sign of any milky look to the oil. I haven't changed the oil and oil filter yet, that will be done in the next week or so. Anybody have any ideas of what this might be, what I need to check and how to fix it? I sure would appreciate it.
Loosen the oil pan drain plug only until the last couple of threads hold it in. It will start dripping oil and or antifreeze if that green stuff is in fact antifreeze. Or you could put a very small amount of that green stuff and put on the tip of your tongue. It it tastes sweet you have antifreeze in the oil. Spit that crap out immediately !!
What Tinker said after the machine sits over night for the oil to separate , look for bubbles in the rad with the cap off while engines running. Maybe you just have green oil in it if it's not milky.
Could be fluorescent dye to check for oil leaks.
Dont worry it might be a good quallity sinthetic motor oil, I have a green colour Castrol made oil for Ford engines. I also have green and red oil, in gear shift/. Here a pic.
and theres purple too...royal purple oil.. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjCrtW9o-DaAhUNm1kKHVpGAekQFghDMAE&url=http://www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/&usg=AOvVaw0blrUOUEUYBi4kqv5ckA8i
Thank you for your help.
I want to THANK EVERYONE that answered my questions. I am going to change the oil and oil filter in the backhoe this weekend using Tinkerer's suggestions.