Was having loader issues. Would only raise when other function was used. Replaced bad seals in resolvers behind right rear tire. Now, loader will lift, but slow and only goes about halfway. Makes no difference if you use another function. Would the lower 2 resolvers cause this? I double checked, All balls in place. Someone help please.
there are at least 25 versions of the 416 plus serial number brakes WHAT IS YOUR SERIAL NUMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark
Mark250 as you know my 416C s/n 5yn6433 is doing the same exact thing. We replaced all the orings on the secondary resolver , I think I need to remove the plunger cup with the 2 , 10 mm bolts and replace the primary resolver in the boom / swing function. My question is , if I remove the plunger cup , is it as simple as unscrew the resolver with a 6mm alen wrench , put the o ring on and reassemble or are there other parts to contend with? I've been fighting this for over a year , had it to a shop , still same problem.
Dickjr, probably best not to hijack this post and return to your own post from your own post I was under the impression that you changed all the seals on the primary and secondary resolvers once you remove the cover for access the primary resolver comes out as one piece there are 3 'o' rings and 4 back up rings. did you follow the test procedure I posted as a pdf in your other post mark
I wasn't by any means trying to high jack his thread , just that the issues with both machines are so similar. I wonder how close his serial number is to mine or what model he has. Its weird that a tiny o ring can stop these things from performing like they should. I wish I could get my hands on a bad valve and disassemble parts of it to see what's in there.
Any luck jlittle?
I'm not very proficient in hydraulics can you explain how a resolver network works on these machines? My 416it has been acting funny lately, the other day I couldn't pick up the back of the machine with the boom. I had to rev the machine al the way up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your machine oul
im familar with the cat 416s , worked for cat for yrs an 9 times outta 10 if ur having issues with the controls on the machine with the front or rear controls, it allways seemed to be the resolvers in both the primary an secondarys, if theres orings blown next to a control itll make the function next to it act up, for not more than the orings cost just go ahead an remove all of the an replacem all, just becareful an watch for the balls not to fall out, if they do just grease all the resolvers up an put the lil balls back on the end an reinstall the resolver back into valve body, the grease will help hold the ball, ITS A GOOD IDEA TO USE THE CORRECT ALLEN WRENCH ON A SOCKET AN USE A HAMMER AN TAP THE ALLEN SOCKET UP INTO THE RESOLVER ASSEMBLY, they are bad about sticking an easy to strip out the allen head screws. very easy task to do just pay attention while doing it. cat uses the resolver assemblies in several differ kinds of cat tractors an generaly when a tractor gets some age on it they tend to start to fail. they'll be missing from resolver or blown out, don't worry bout missing orings, ur filter will catchem.
chris allen , I was hoping to get the op's s/n to see if its close to mine. We actually changed all the orings on my machine , primary and secondary and I still have the problem. My machine has slow boom up and the lift is almost non existent. I have noticed my hydraulic oil temp rises while operating and the boom swing control is giving me some feedback as far as a vibration. The pump is strong , you can actuate another function and here the pump ramp up and the response is good. Wondering if the whole valve needs to be removed and rebuilt. My mechanic says its got to be a signal line problem. When I get a minute I plan to do as Mark250 says and run some pressure tests.
well the control valves really only consist of the spools for each function an primaray an secondary an the lil balls, also few relief valves an loc check valves, go the the hyd pump there under the floor that mounts to the trains, there on the side of the pump is the compusateing valve, it reads signal pressure from each function an up strokes the hyd pump when oil is needed. hook a gauge there into test fitting there at comp. valve an start working the controls an watching ur pressure reading.
Thanks for this advice , I do have one more question ,what type coupler and size connects to the pump? I know Mark250 has given me the procedure , I just need the gauge assembly so I can start taking pressure readings.
Hi 5000 PSI gauge P/N 8T0860 and coupler P/N 6V4143 hose 177-7860 Mark
look under there you will see tha male fitting, its a quick disconnect ,,, go to local hyd store that sells stuff they should be able to help ya out, heck take a pic an show ur guy in the store an get ya gauge an few feet of hose. be cheaper than going to cat an getting the stuff to test with,,,, I know what they cost a cat I use to work there.
On my cat 446b the swing is slow and weak left or right. all else is good. I want to replace resover seals what do you recommend and where are they located?
Had the same problems you are having. If you can use a different valve and make the slow one speed up it's the resolver valves. I've replaced all the resolver valves on my 436b. Did the main valve body first, just took it off and had it completely resealed and all new resolver valves put in. Wasn't long till a resolver valve went bad in the valve body for the front bucket and arms. Just put them all in and solved all the problems.
wh
They are all in the valve bodies, I can't tell you exactly where. Just a small pencil shaped valve. Trace the hoses from the swing cylinders to the valve section.
Item 14 in the illustration below. This is for the stabilizers. All the resolvers look similar (and you'll find them in the same location on all the control valves) although Part Numbers differ depending on which valve you happen to be working on.
Hello Jason seems as if there lots of others out there that are glade to help out an give advice when a fellow owner operator is in need of help with a issue, an yes the guys are rite about it could be a function beside of the one that actually is given you fits,the resolver operation can effect functions in other valves UP stream from differ ones, If you get under the rear of the machine you can look at the rear control valve from Under machine you will see we’re all the hyd lines go into the valve , should be a valve for each rear function, including a extenda stick valve body if ur machine has it . Under there you will see 2 hoses going into each valve from underneith. You will see a bolted on hyd cap with small Allen screws or small bolts , well between caps if ya look with a flash lite you will see a Small Allen screw in between caps lay a blanket or plastic down it will be oily, remove each Allen bolt one at a time. There bad about trying to strip the heads out so take a hammer an tap ur wrench up in there all the way, remove screw from Hole slow an on the end of it should be small orings. Sometimes there missing, I think the resolver screw on bottom is the long one an it should have 2 orings on it. There was an update few yrs ago an cat changed from clear looking orings to grey ones an sometime red looking, once that ones down then put the cap back on an go to the outside of machine an look under the valve we’re the lower hose hooks up an you will see another Allen screw. Probably a smaller size than the lower one, clean hole out with a pick an drive ur wrench in it an make sure ur blanket is still under valve , remove valve slow an watch for a small metal ball to fall outta hole, there silver looking an Lil Bigger than a BB. They don’t always fall out but sometimes, the side resolver I think is the short one an has 1 small oring on the end of it,replace it an make sure ball didn’t fall out an reinstall it back in hole, if ball of hole put a lil grease on end of cup on resolver an put ball on it. The grease will hold it in place when reinstalled. The orings are cheap an easy to do, I advise go to ur local cat dealer an tell them you want the resolver orings for control valves, if they have a rookie parts guy there he mite wanta try an sell ya the hole resolver, there referred to as primary’s an secondary valves, but you can get just the orings.. maybe a few of the balls too Incase ya loose one, tell the parts guy to print you off a brake down of the valves,an show ya were the primary An secondary’s are in the pics an it will also show ya the oring part numbers for each oring for each valve, orings should have part numbers wrote on them or put in a labeled bag. it will be a lil messy job but I’d do all orings in all the valves at same Time. There also the same Set up for the front loader control valve too. Mite need to remove right tire to see threw the tractor frame to get the side ones out but it can be done with tire on. Make sure Allen bolt holes are cleaned out then knock socket in.
Looks look like nige bumped in while I was boreing you. That’s the breakdown, that’s the same Parts page cat will give ya except will have the parts page too