Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 416 Transmission question

Brand0n ยท 2012-10-02 09:44

Does anyone know if the cat 416 used the same transmission as the 426 model. My 416 has a bad trans and I know where there is a 426 parts machine with a good trans? Would appreciate any help. Both machines are late 80's and are 4-wheel drive.

Replies3
  1. #1PAcattech2012-10-02 12:26

    Transmissions are the same . Make sure you pull the suction sreen out of parts machine . make sure theres no disc material in it those transmissions dont like moisture . makes the friction material fall off the plates basicly. should have the serial numbers of both to be sure

  2. #2Brand0n2012-10-02 13:23

    Thanks for the response. The parts machine should be full of trans oil so I am hoping there is minimal moisture intrusion. But I will look at the suction screen. Any idea if the extenda hoe on the 426 will fit the 416? Be nice to put that on my 416 also. Thanks, again.

  3. #3Lee-online2012-10-07 23:32

    Remember there are 4wd, 2wd, power shift and manual transmissions.