Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 416B Fuel filter conversion

ts360 ยท 2022-04-11 17:52

Im having trouble keeping my fuel filter(on the left side of the engine) from leaking and sucking air and I would like to see if anyone knows of a bolt on filter head to convert to a spin on filter. Ive always hated this type of filter that slides up in and then is held in place with a plastic ring, and the spin ons are cheaper as well. Ive already replaced the glass bowl setup on the right side of the engine with a spin on, but that particular filter head won't work with the metal fuel lines on the left side of the engine. I could use it with the right adapters but I can't seem to find any. Thank you for any information.

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2022-04-11 18:15

    I never have trouble with the Stanadyne keyway style filters. Aftermarket are $22 each for that 5micron element. It's only $28 @ Caterpillar. (159-6102)

  2. #2heymccall2022-04-11 18:20

    The threads in the filter head are 1/2-20.