My coolant temperature and trans temperature gauges are not working as well as the fuel gauge. Anyone know if regular auto gauges and replacement sensors will work. Any ideas on getting the original gauges to work preferably the fuel gauge.
I put mechanical gauges on my ford 1715 tractor, oil and water temperature. There are generic mechanical fuel gauges also.
Yeah. They will work. Or, inspect the wiring and connections of what you got. You can test those two-coil electric gauges by grounding the sensor wire and verify if gauge pegs out.
check to see if you have power to the gauges might just be a fuse
Welcome to HEF Appalachiajohn. I have a 1994 426B, and I think that the 416's and 426's are pretty close in how they are built. On my 426b, I have problems with the wiring harness molex connectors right behind the gauge panel. Some of the pins on the connectors on my unit shorted out (prior to my owning the backhoe) arced and burned causing damage to the connectors and adjacent wiring harness. The increased resistance or lack of any connection through the pins of the connectors can cause really weird symptoms from the gauges not working at all, to being pegged ( like the engine showing over temp, that's how I found my problem in the first place I kept getting an over temp on the engine coolant gauge) Ect. Since none of the gauges are working I would start at those connectors. This would also go along with what Dave Neubert said above with a blown fuse being a possible cause. But if a fuse is blown, something caused the fuse to blow so you would want to track down what that short is and repair that short.
An electrical schematic.? Then you can go tracing power. Provide a machine Serial Number and you are welcome to the one for your particular backhoe.