Hello all, Found this great form a long time ago but this is my first post... I blew the steering cylinder seals on a CAT 416C backhoe. Looked up the parts best I could, found the diagram, have the parts book- but after getting the gland and shaft out I discovered that the seal kit that everything and everyone says is the right one- is completely the WRONG one! Below is pics from the book that were also wrong... Cylinder is built/forged as part of the differential. Can someone help me figure out which is the right set and where to get it??? This thread helped the process and is the same cylinder. Here are a few pictures.
If you ordered parts from that page you show in picture it no wonder parts are wrong it a two wheel drive front axle. youll have to put up machine serial number i'm sure someone will be able fix you up
No- I ordered based on the part number for the serial number of the machine- The book for the 4wd machine on the hydraulic steering page shows the axel for a 2wd front end (pics from book). That's why I'm here asking the question above... Machines model and serial number 416C *4ZN02418* 5HK56604 -gives the Seal Kit number "1539054 Cat Steering Cylinder Seal Kit" <---That is not the right one! The machine is German assembled-See pic of axel data plate-- But I can't find anything to show parts or seals for this front axel. Anyone have a different seal kit number for this?
178-7189 kit is what you need
Can you tell me what kind of hydraulic fluid do you need? When the backhoe is running, sometimes, the lights on the console blink, and the buzzer sounds, and then after a bit it will stop. Does anyone have any idea what causes this?