Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 420 D swing frame

Dansig ยท 2022-09-20 15:31

Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket swing frames. Cat wants $3607 for part # 236-6954. I have seen aftermarket ones for $1500. I am worried about the quality. Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-09-20 20:43

    I don't, but what is wrong with the original one ? Structurally broken ? Or, pin holes wallowed out ?

  2. #2Dansig2022-09-21 09:53

    Pin holes are wollered out. Local Cat shop says it can not be fixed or at least that they won't fix it in there shop. I know some bore the hole and sleeve it but they are saying that would not be safe.

  3. #3Tinkerer2022-09-21 11:50

    It is safe to sleeve it if the sleeves have a very heavy sidewall. Do a member search for Ando. He is in Australia, and he posted a very detailed thread about how he did it. The best option is have it linebored. It is a very routine repair procedure in my area. Some of them come out to the machine's location and do it.

  4. #4joe--h2022-09-21 11:57

    Some pictures might get you some advice that's beyond just guessing. Joe H