Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 420D Backhoe

IIC ยท 2012-10-08 14:58

I am having a problem with the bucket positioner working on a CAT 420D, the switch on the loader arm is operational and the wiring is good, is there a good way to test the valve or has anyone seen any reoccuring problems with this??

Replies3
  1. #1d9gdon2012-10-08 22:28

    The blasted linkage rod will bend for some reason and throw it off. Mine did and I replaced it but it bent again and I threw it in the weeds and cussed it. I never did look into it much further.

  2. #2cashtech2012-10-09 10:45

    I agree with IIC. I just fixed ours at the Road Commission this morning. Put your bucket on the shop floor, level. Wipe the grease off the round boss on where the rh loader arm connects above rh rear of hood. There is a factory black stripe that the pointer must line up with. Heat and bend your linkage rod til the pointer lines up with the stripe. Bend the little contact arm on the big washer thingy if needed. Lube up all linkage points, all the way back to the valve under the cab. (get your creeper out) Then your bucket kickout will work.

  3. #3kbeen2012-10-10 21:11

    ITC what is the problem you are having ? is the lever in the cab not staying locked in place or what.